Shower duo: Kiehl's Musk line

We're in the midst of winter and if you're in New York City (or anywhere else on the East Coast for that matter) you've probably been positively freezing. That is, if you dared to go outside: I did so for a little more than an hour last Saturday and couldn't wait to get back inside.


And while this wintry weather is causing havoc for my skin (read: chapped lips and the worse dehydration), I try to keep in mind that (a) better times are coming (I've planned a trip to Spain in April and am counting down the days) and (b) in the meantime, there's no better excuse to stay in and  "cocoon" at home. A nice, large cup of tea, a blanket and a good book!


Speaking of cocooning: what's better than a shower to get all cozy and warmed up?! I personally think it's important to keep the water lukewarm and not piping hot, as the latter will just dry out your skin even more. In terms of products: there's nothing that feels quite as luxurious as a lush, thick, foaming shower gel. Especially if on top of that, it smells great! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against drugstore alternatives, but I do think that a nice shower gel can be such a treat to brighten up a cold / I slept less than 6 hours / it's only Tuesday - type of the day. Do you hear me?


And that's where Kiehl's comes in. I am generally a big fan of their body products (and also of some, but not all, of their skincare - more on that in a future blogpost), as I think they smell nice, in a way that's not too lingering or overpowering, actually hydrate (as opposed to just form a layer on your skin) and are still reasonable on the price point.

One of my favourite ranges is the Musk one. Formulated with sesame, apricot and wheat kern oil, the smell of this stuff is everything: it's clean and powdery, with just a hint of something deeper, muskier. The shower gel lathers up nicely and doesn't strip your skin - so crucial at this time of the year! The body lotion is not the most reach or full cream I've ever tried (if you're more of a "butter" person: this is an all-time favorite of mine), but it is wonderful for those of you who like a lighter, milky texture. It absorbs very quickly and doesn't leave a sticky finish. And the smell... well, at the risk of becoming repetitive, it really is perfection! I love that it's not too present and layers well with perfumes.


What are your shower favorites? Let me know, and in the meantime... hope you survive this winter cold!



You can always trust me to give you an honest opinion and to tell you when a post was sponsored. This one wasn't and all of the products mentioned were purchased by me (for the love of cocooning & welness...).





Comments

Popular Posts