Biologique Recherche Fluide VIP O2


The Biologique Recherche Fluide VIP O2 is one of those products you think you don't really need, then try out and really obsess about and finally curse yourself for ever buying.

This product is outrageously expensive (and mind you, I usually don't fret about spending my money on skincare)... At more than $80 for 8ml/0.3 fl.oz. (or $230 for 30ml/1fl.oz.), even I have a hard time getting myself to fork over the necessary cash. In addition, it's yet another step in your routine: this is a so-called "finishing serum", i.e. a serum that goes on top of your moisturizer.

So why do I keep using it? Because it is genius! I've rarely seen this much of an instant result in a product. My skin looks more radiant, more even toned, less red. I don't need to wear makeup if I use this one. It also lightens my dark circles. Need I say more?

Biologique Recherche doesn't give much detail about the formula (they never do - my one and only beef with them), but they do say this is perfect for people living in big, polluted cities. Hello, New York! The way it works is that it traps oxygen at the service of the skin, so that the top layer is better equipped against the aggressions of the day. But to be honest, I just think it makes me look so good, that that's enough for me.

Up until recently, I hadn't seen any brands doing similar "finishing serums". A couple of weeks ago though, I tried Ren's Perfect Canvas, which is basically the same concept, though it is slightly more makeup-focused than it is skincare. I really wanted to like it, as it is a fraction of the BR Fluide VIP O2. But no. I am not saying this is a bad product, but in terms of feel & results, it doesn't come anywhere close to the BR product.

So there's nothing left for me to do but accept paying $10 for each milliliter of product... If you get hooked on this as much as I have through my fault... my apologies to your bank account in advance!

You can always trust me to give you an honest opinion and to tell you when a post was sponsored. This one wasn't and all of the products mentioned were purchased by me (for the love of skincare...).

Photo credits to Femke v.d.H.

Comments

Popular Posts